Sunday, August 22, 2010

Train up a child.........

I am sitting here once again with mixed emotions.  Tomorrow Allison will begin 4th grade, each milestone in her life makes me happy and sad at the same time.  I receive such joy watching her grow and learn, and also at times feel sadness because each step of independence and growth she makes, feels like I am needed just a bit less.

I am excited for this school year, excited to watch her grow and learn, excited to see what God has in store for her not only for this year, but for her life.

Miss Meyer sent home a paper where parents had to write down 3 goals they had for their child for fourth grade.  My first goal was:  1.  To continue to grow spiritually. To continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of  Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.  For Allison to have a servants heart.  I remember so clearly years ago my friend Merri saying "you can teach your children all the academics you want, but if you don't capture their hearts then it will be worth nothing."    I have hidden her words of wisdom in my heart.

Deanna

"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he grows old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6(NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment